Smith Nursery Llc
After 21 years in the bedding plant business, Smith Nursery is moving into the CBD hemp market. The years of experience in propagating flower material is one of the key factors in making this change. The hemp seed industry is still in the infancy stages and the risk to the farmer is costly and frustrating. A single male plant not detected early enough can ruin several acres of hemp, thus the need for a more stable process for farmers. Clones are the offspring of large stock plants, or mothers. Clippings are taken from mothers and then rooted to create more plants of the same genetics. This is a more expensive start for the farmer, but in the long run, a much safer and easier method.
We at Smith Nursery are continually testing mother plants for CBD and THC levels along with the timing of these results to share with farmers and UGA to further the ease and value of this new crop for Georgia. We are continuously performing trials on new varieties to find better yielding, and possible insect and fungi resistance, over existing varieties. We feel there is a great need in this industry for a mature and honest approach for farmers, the state, and universities to seek counsel from.
Our approach in this business is to build a customer base of farmers who are qualified and mature enough to make the correct choices when it comes to the future of the hemp industry in Georgia. We will also utilize the 60,000-80,000 mother plants at the end of clone season to grow on to maturity for the purpose of smoke-able hemp flower in order to avoid competition with farmers.
The purpose for the sale of the business is to teach and train a new leadership to take better advantage of this new, exciting, and lucrative industry. Cyndi and I, after 21 years in the flower business have reached the period in life when it is time to think about a slow-down process. Our age is forcing limitations that require change.
South side of Bevil Ridge Road:
- 14 acres with 4 greenhouses, shop, shipping office, restroom, break-room, chemical storage, large truck and equipment shed, 200gal. Lesco gas powered sprayer, Ford 3000 tractor with bush-hog attachment, chainsaw, weed-eaters, lawn mowers, Izuzu box truck, shipping carts, bobcat
- Large greenhouse is 17,000 sq.ft. and includes LED lighting, irrigation, concrete sidewalks, roll-up side-walls, and roof vents
- Warehouse with flat filler, shipping office, concrete shipping area
- Medium greenhouse is 3,000 sq.ft. and is used for propagation (cloning) process, has 8 individual tables with thermostats and separate misting zones, LED lighting, end wall vents for circulation, and 48' fan
- 2- 2,000 sq.ft. cold frame greenhouses set for drip irrigation
- 5+ acres of outdoor growing area with both overhead and drip irrigation
North-side of Bevil Ridge Road:
-Home is on 7 acres with great view of nursery, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bath, 2-car basement garage
-Home is 4,880 sq.ft. and serves as office and grower quarters
All information is deemed reliable, but cannot be guaranteed.
Property Maps & Attachments
Directions to Property
I-75 North to Exit 283, left on Old Allatoona Road, SE, go.9 miles, veer left on Old Alabama Road, left on Puckett Road go.4 miles, right on Bevil Ridge Road, property on the left.
More Property Details
Property Price History
More Properties from Raborn Taylor
- 4 AC : $699K
- 258 AC : $1.5M
- 2.3 AC : $550K
- 2.9 AC : $200K
- 1.6 AC : $1.5M
- New2.5 AC : $2.9M
- 0.6 AC : $259K
- 8.2 AC : $400K
- New3.7 AC : $360K
- 1.5 AC : $195K
- 10.2 AC : $1.75M
- 3.6 AC : $216K